Belmont School offers two alternative programs, Logos Christian and Community Learning Skills.
Logos Christian programming provides a Christian education that supports students in achieving their academic goals and spiritual growth.
- Develop academic skills while integrating biblical principles into all areas of study
- Learn about Christian values, morals and beliefs
- Increased understanding of the Christian faith
- Development of spirituality through self-reflection and prayer
- Development of citizenship and leadership skills
- Ongoing study of the bible, its principles and its relevance in today’s society
- Daily prayer, scripture memorization and devotions integrated into classroom learning
- Opportunities for community service
Students and families who wish to receive an education from a Christian perspective are welcome. For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering Logos Christian programming.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Logos Christian will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Kindergarten to Grade 6 - Some yellow busing options are available.
COMMUNITY LEARNING SKILLS
Community Learning Skills programming supports students who have moderate delays in most or all developmental areas. These students may have physical, sensory, medical or behavioural disabilities.
- Improve academic, communication, personal and social skills
- Improved reading, writing, listening and math skills
- Improved ability to communicate and interact with others using appropriate behaviours and social skills
- Improved work ethic and study habits
- A safe, structured environment with regular routines
- Close, constant supervision
- Consistent behavioural expectations
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
- Opportunities to interact with other students in school-wide and community activities
Students must be 5 ½ to 19 years old on September 1 with a clinical diagnosis. Contact your child’s school for information about eligibility and special education programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the Community Learning Skills will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Most schools offering special education programming have some yellow busing options available. For more information about busing, contact your child’s school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.